The MelburnianThe Melburnian occupies an outstanding site opposite Melbourne’s Botanical Gardens. The complex is regarded as the leading large residential development in Melbourne.
250 St Kilda Road, Melbourne
The Melburnian combines luxurious larger apartments, more affordable one and two bedroom apartments, four level townhouses and home office facilities; a total of 235 apartments. Other components include 2 restaurants, a variety of retail spaces, a pool and gym. The location of these publicly accessible activities along the boulevard enhances the public realm of St Kilda Road as well as adding to the experiences of residents.
The scheme has three major components - a long lower building to St Kilda Road, a row of contemporary townhouses to the north, and two north-facing towers overlooking a sunfilled central garden. The design and placement of the residential tower takes full advantage of the remarkable views over the Botanical Gardens and towards the city.
Bates Smart in Association with HPA Architects
- Property Council of Australia (Vic), Overall Winner 2003
- UDIA National Award for Excellence – Medium Density Development 2003
- UDIA (Vic) Award for Excellence – High Density Development 2002
- RAIA (Vic) Chapter Award for Residential New – Multiple 2002
- MBA (Vic) Excellence in Construction, Master Builder of the Year 2002
- HIA Victorian Housing Awards, Winner – High Density 2002